Conference Carolinas Internship Program
Application Deadline: Monday, May 15 - immediate review
Conference Carolinas offers a one-year internship position for a female or underrepresented minority college graduate interested in working in collegiate athletic administration. Our office will provide on-the-job training and we request that applicants possess an interest in pursuing a career in the administration of intercollegiate athletics at the Division I, II, or III level.
The Conference Carolinas intern will be responsible for assisting the conference staff in both internal and external operations related to the functioning of the conference office and will report directly to the Assistant Commissioner for External Operations. The Conference Carolinas internship will focus on the following three areas of administration: Championships, NCAA Division II Compliance, and Athletic Communication/Sport Marketing.
The Conference Carolinas internship is structured to offer a comprehensive experience geared to prepare a well-rounded athletics administrator. Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to the following:
NCAA Division II Compliance
- Assist in monitoring/researching/investigating/enforcing all conference & NCAA rules compliance
- Gain knowledge of the NCAA Division II manual, NCAA website, LSDBi, CAi, and NLI database
- Update Conference Compliance and SAAC webpages and any conference compliance handbook or game environment policy information
- Monitor, review, and file National Letters of Intent/athletic grant-in-aid documents
- Assist in reviewing all secondary rules violations and assist in preparing quarterly violation reports
- Access and evaluate squad lists and financial aid summary reports
- Update Conference website with athletic communication press releases and statistics
- Enter sport schedules into conference website and become familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite
- Complete and post player of the week press releases and supplemental reports
- Create and post relevant press releases/articles/links for distribution for the Conference Website/media/membership
- Prep press releases for pre-season polls
- Assist office staff coordinating Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) & NCAA Life Skills activities and conference meetings.
- Coordinate along with conference staff, the conference awards & game environemnt program.
- Assist in transcribing conference call minutes associated with any and all areas of business
- Assist staff with conference championship tournament administration & serve as a conference representative at various championship events
- Assist the organization of all conference meetings and/or conference calls
- Assist in reviewing & monitor game environment at league institutions
- Cultivate and meet with potential Conference sponsors
- Present on-campus game and marketing promotions as necessary
- Coordinate ball and equipment contracts for various sports within the league
- Administer contest game environment initiatives
- Manage conference and member community engagement activities
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Commissioner
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
Stipend: $13,000 over 10-month commitment with professional development opportunities
Preferred Qualifications: Masters Degree or Masters in Progress and Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules
Duration & Hours: August 3 to May 31, 40 hours a week
Location: High Point, North Carolina
Type of Position: Internship
Conference Carolinas Internship Program - Information Flyer
What We Offer
Conference Carolinas offers a 10-month paid internship (August 3-May 31) at its conference office in High Point, N.C. to a collegiate graduate who is a female or underrepresented minority. We provide on-the-job training and learning experiences that will assist in the development of future collegiate administrators interested in pursuing a career in collegiate athletics.
The areas of the internship program include:
General Office Administration
How do I apply?
Email your letter of interest, resume, and list of three references to Sharod Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Features of Conference Carolinas Internship
-Interns are able to receive graduate level credit for their internship when applicable.
-The Conference Office is open from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Monday-Friday and flexibility of hours will be granted during the course of the internship when appropriate.
-Interns are able to work a full academic year at a conference office and gain experience for future job opportunities.
-Interns will assist conference staff in both internal and external operations of the conference office which will contribute to the overall development of the intern.
For more information, please contact:
2310 N. Centennial - Suite 102
High Point, NC 27265
Phone: (336) 884-0482
Fax: (336) 884-0489