Affiliated Member Policies (revised per 5/24/17 league meetings)
An affiliated member is subject to the Guidelines For Membership Applicants (Appendix F) with the exception of the minimum sports requirement. This offers the applicant and the conference the opportunity to determine the sport(s) to be affiliated with the conference.
- The affiliated member has non-voting representation on Conference Carolinas standing committees and at official Conference Carolinas meetings.
- The affiliated member has voting rights at coaches meetings in Conference Carolinas participating sports.
- Affiliate members will follow all applicable Conference Carolinas rules and regulations.
- The affiliated member will be eligible for statistical inclusion, team and individual awards and conference automatic qualification in Conference Carolinas participating sports.
- The affiliated member may bid upon and host conference sport tournaments offered by the affiliated member.
- An institution and/or prospective members affiliating in multiple sports will have the following financial obligations:
a) An initial fee of $10,000
b) Annual membership dues of $2,000 plus $800 per Conference Carolinas affiliated sport
c) The initial fee becomes part of the new member fee due with full membership
- Affiliated members sponsoring two sports have annual membership dues of $2,000 plus $800 per sport. Sports sharing a common championship are counted as one sport at $1,600. Example: Women’s and men’s swimming and women’s and men’s cross country meet this requirement with dues of $5,200 per year($2,000 fee plus $800 per four sports
- Affiliated members in a single sport are not assessed an initial fee or membership dues while paying a $800 per sport fee
a) Associate members sponsoring the same single female & male sport sharing a common championship event are not assessed an initial fee or membership dues and will pay the per sport fee for each gender
- Applicable to all affiliate members
a) Affiliated members will not be a participant in NCAA conference enhancement distributions
b) The affiliated member may resign without penalty when a one year notice (May 31 is the date by which notification is given to fulfill the one year requirement) is given to the Conference Carolinas president. The penalty for resignation without notice as required is $10,000
c) Conference Carolinas may terminate affiliated membership providing the affiliated member receives a one year notification (May 31 is the date by which notification is given to fulfill the one year requirement)