Sports Information Policy
Sports Information Group Chairperson: Travis Chell, King
Sports Information Group Secretary: (School rotation)
Athletic Director Liason: Paul Lyon, BAC
Sports Information Organization
A Chair and Secretary be voted on annually by group members.
- The sports information group meets annually (August) & via conference call if needed
- An agenda be solicited and subsequently distributed prior to the group meetings
- Minutes/Report from the meeting be submitted to the Athletic Directors from group chairperson
A sports information director is required at each institution to meet the needs of the school, conference, and the NCAA. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Filing and updating weekly reports on scheduled due dates to meet institutional, conference, and NCAA deadlines
- Include updated record & schedule changes (cancellations, postponements, etc).
- Include weekly notes
- Include player of the week information (if applicable)
Filing updated statistics to meet institutional, conference, and NCAA scheduled due date deadlines.
Report game results on a timely basis (via internet score reporting after each contest)
Distribution of All-Conference Nomination and Ballot information as set forth by each sport committee and conference office.
- Circulating/posting sport schedules, cancellations, reschedules, etc.
- Distribution of preseason information, polls, previews, voting, etc.
- Circulation of media release information
- Circulating/posting of current roster information
- Distribution of current statistical information
Updated distribution of information for needs pertaining to conference requirements & other schools informational needs.
Report updated end of year statistics to archive records for institutional, conference, & NCAA historical value.
Each host institution of a conference tournament would:
Provide adequate staff/volunteers to facilitate successful media objectives
Post a tournament website that would include immediate results and media release (1-2 paragraphs) information on the game results and tournament details, All-tourney teams, etc. (The Website could also include tournament brackets, results/box scores, in-depth game notes/stories, all-tournament teams, periodic updates/live scoring and social media updates.) The tournament website would serve as the primary outlet to ALL participating schools media, fans, students, and administration, for information that would eliminate dated fax or phone call procedures.
Conference Carolinas POTW Criteria (All-Encompassing):
- W-L Record
- Level of Competition
- Accomplishments/Records Broken
- The intent of the BlueFrame Conference Carolinas Digital Network is to provide fans, parents and constituents a platform to watch exciting conference competition either live or in many instances on demand after other obligations are completed. The Branding Subcommittees explored the platform and concluded it should be available live and on demand for general consumption.
- Simultaneously, most sports use a video exchange provider for video review and breakdown. Common use of the video provider contests assures all members have a baseline of scouting information.
- These two services have distinctly different intents. It is important for the digital network to be an open network available (live & on-demand) to all in every respect.
- Member sports and schools will have the discretion to use BlueFrame video in addition to video exchange service. This does not differ from the current policy, for example, that allows in person scouting even though video is available.