- athletics is an integral part of the educational experience of students,
- athletic competition should be conducted within an environment that promotes fair play and sportsmanship, and
- presidents play an integral role in determining the direction and operations of the Conference.
Conference Carolinas is committed to the NCAA Division II purpose that emphasizes a comprehensive program for achieving academic success, participating in high-level athletic competition, and developing an understanding of personal, moral and social responsibility.
Conference Carolinas is committed to becoming a distinctive NCAA Division II conference where the student-athletes at its member institutions live their lives in the balance through the attainment of high standards of both academic and athletic achievement.
- Analyze and communicate current trends and future directions of the NCAA as they pertain to the conference and its member institution
- Adopt best practices within Division II and among conferences as appropriate
- Determine the optimal size of the conference and develop a plan to achieve it through discussions with other DII conferences and/or institutions
- Encourage the participation of persons from Conference Carolinas on national and regional committees.
- Identify the uniquely distinctive characteristics of Conference Carolinas and create a unified strategy to disseminate those characteristics
- Advertise the accomplishments of Conference Carolinas and its members institutions annually among 24 Division II conferences as measured by such metrics as Academic Success Rate (ASR), graduation rates, All-American selections, Academic All-American selections, campus-based recognitions, and success in regional and national competitions
- Publicize the success of our former students-athletes in their chosen careers
- Increase the focus on sportsmanship and character development initiatives at member institutions and at all competitions
- Expand coverage and garner external support of Conference Carolinas in various media outlets
- Determine ways to provide an exemplary championship experience for student-athletes
- Assess the potential of adding emerging sports and provide recommendations of which sports offerings should be offered within the conference.